Joey and I haven’t really celebrated Valentines day for a few years! Mainly because we have so many other things to celebrate all within a few weeks (my birthday,our anniversary, its all within a week of each other) But, we still want to make Valentines fun for Jojo!
All week we’ve been doing some Valentines day crafts/food ideas to get ready for the big day. Jojo is only 18 months so he’s not quite ready for crafts but he really enjoyed some of these ideas.
- Red Construction paper(cut into a heart shape)
- paint brush
Simple idea: Jojo enjoyed chewing on the brush mostly!
***Best part was there was no real mess***
Finger Paint “LOVE”:
- Construction paper
- Painters tape(tape out the word of your choice)
- finger paint
Another quick and simple idea! We decided to use the word LOVE! Just cut out using the painters tape or whatever word or shape (stickers would work too)pick whatever colors! Let them have fun!!! Then peel off the tape to real the masterpiece!
PB&J Heart Sandwich:
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Peanut butter
Simple and easy, what child doesn’t love a Pb&J sandwich (its basically the only meal that doesn’t get thrown,in our house)
Valentines Day Board Book:
This is an adorable book about a little Goose named Ollie trying to fine a Valentine! The ending is Jojo’s favorite part! It has a mirror at the end, what little person doesn’t love looking at themselves.
Valentines Day Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll out dough, and cut out into shapes with cookie cutters, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Decorate however you like!
- Enjoy like Jojo did!
I had Jojo help use the cookie cutters, but he kept playing with the dough and throwing it!!
Hope this gives you some crafty ideas of what you can do with your toddler for the day of LOVE!
Happy Valentines Day!